Happy New Year from Dressler’s Restaurant! It’s that time of year when some of us go a little stir crazy waiting for the warm weather to return. For those of us who love golfing, gardening, boating, and outdoor athletics, this time of year can be a little daunting.
Don’t despair. Here are some ideas to keep you and the members of your household busy and happy all winter long.
- Invite family and friends to your home. Nothing lifts your spirits more than spending time with those you love.
- Play games with your family. It doesn’t matter if it’s a board game or an electronic game, the important thing is to have fun. Don’t forget the snacks! Everything’s more fun with great food.
- Complete a household project. Do you have some projects you’ve been wanting to finish, but just haven’t found the time? Get to work–you’ll be amazed at the satisfaction you feel when it’s done.
- Get outside. Getting everyone (including the dog) some fresh air will make you all feel better. Bundle up and think about the warm hot cocoa you’ll enjoy when you get back home.
- Watch a movie at home (or watch the Panthers make it to the Super Bowl). Make popcorn or caramel corn, some drinks, and snuggle on the couch with some blankets. You’ll soon wonder why you had cabin fever in the first place.
- Curl up with a great book.
- Volunteer. The best way to stop thinking about yourself is to start thinking about others. In the process of helping others, you will feel better about yourself.
- Start a hobby. This is a great time of year to learn something new.
- Take your family to an indoor athletic facility. Play, exercise, and swim together to release some of that pent-up energy.
- Get organized. It’s a new year and a new beginning. Don’t try to tackle the whole house all at once. Choose one cabinet, desk, or closet at a time. You will stay busy and your home will be organized.
- Cook. If you enjoy cooking, nothing is better than preparing a delicious meal or treat for your family. Enlist the help of others in the house and make it a family event.
- Go out to dinner! Join us at Dressler’s and let us do the cooking for you–it’s our pleasure! It’s also a great way to get out of the house and enjoy a wonderful evening together. Make it a date night or bring the whole family.