November is the perfect time for giving back–to your family, friends, and community.
There are so many ways you can make a difference in your community–donate your time, your talent, your money, or your belongings.
Helping others feels wonderful. It’s also a great way to beat the holiday loneliness and blues that some people experience. If you have children, get the whole family involved! Experiencing the joy of giving is great for people of all ages.
Acts of kindness come in all sizes, but the end result is still the same–the world becomes a better place for all of us. Want to help? You can get started today! Here are some ways to help others in your community.
- Help local families in need at the Salvation Army.
- Volunteer at a local food pantry.
- Read to children at your library.
- Donate blood and save lives!
- Make a child’s Christmas dreams come true and support Toys for Tots.
- Donate your time/supplies (food, blankets, kitty litter) at an animal shelter.
- Offer your services to a homeless shelter, Hospice, or nursing home.
- Visit the pediatric wing of a local hospital and see you how little it takes to make a child smile–read books, bring arts/crafts, stuffed animals, and colorful blankets.
- Baking cookies for your family? Take a plate to an elderly neighbor.
- Know a frazzled mother with young children? Offer to babysit for a few hours while she goes shopping/runs errands.
Dressler’s Restaurant is committed to helping our community. After all, this is where we live, work, and play. We are proud to support Communities in Schools (CIS) Dine Out for Kids, Dine out for Hospice, Levine Children’s Hospital, Russ Guerin Melanoma Research Fund, James Beard House No Kid Left Hungry Program, Second Harvest, Taste of the Panther’s, and the Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC ) fundraising 5K. Dressler’s also hosts annual events for Partners for Parks and Catawba Lands Conservancy.